Thursday, February 5, 2015

Where did January go?

So, does this happen to you?
You get all geared up for something exciting....you make plans, you get things in order, and then, BAM~ real life steps in and it all goes kablooey (that is an actual word, thanks to Saturday morning cartoons from the 1970's).

I don't know why I am surprised when that happens.  I mean, some folks say, "When we plan, God laughs."  I don't know if he actually laughs, but I do know, that if our plans aren't synced with His, all of the planning and energy that went into whatever event that was on the horizon, is wasted.  I was sort of hoping that wouldn't happen this year.  I hoped that if I claimed my 'word' DISCIPLINE, that everything would fall into place.  But, I wouldn't be human if that were the case.

Discipline, takes, well, discipline to make new habits, lose old ones, and stay focused on the goals.
I am trying to be disciplined in being disciplined.  But, I've actually been spinning in the mud.

Probably because I haven't given it all to the One who wants to show me His plans for my life.

So, what have I learned?
I can't do anything on my own. But, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13)
God is on my side and wants the best for me. (Romans 8:31)

Simple....

Here's to a more successful February!

Blessings
~Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment